Friday, November 28, 2008

The flutter in being an Indian, and, a Mumbaikar...

It doesnt hit you always, the patriotism-feel, does it? And when it hits, it does hard. Very hard. Traumatising, Saddening and Unforgettable images etch in mind reminding you of your nation, of who you are to this soil.
Sitting in the rickshaw today, my thoughts were streaming one after the another.....
"What if this rick gets blown up now?
Will I live to see my love once more and tell him that the petty fights or arguments don't matter, but our life together does and he is the best guy I have ever known in my world.
Will I be able to hug my family and let them know that no matter how much they haul abuses at me for not being caring enough towards them, I still love them the most.
Will I hear the voice of every friend of mine ever again to crack a joke at their expense as always and apologise sheepishly saying I love them a lot.
More importantly, will I live enough to pay the fare of this ride and walk into my office, greeting my ever smiling watchman...."
"Madam, pahunch gaye....Saatth (60) rupaye...Chutta do..mere pass nahii hai"
I literally wanted to hug the auto-wallah..(He could have fainted, if I did..poor chap) Thanked him lot many times, and went on, "Bhaiyya, desh humaara hai. Kissi aur ko itni jaldi thodne nahii denge." Confused soul. He smiled back, "Darr humein bhi hai madam, par zindagi kahan rukne waali hai...Aur mumbai toh apna jagah hai. Aaaj kuch khoye, kal saath rahein toh waapas paa bhi lenge"
True Indian..True Mumbaikar.. Jai Hind!!

May all souls rest in peace who are victimised in the blood-shed on 27/11/2008 and following. Amen.

1 comment:

Trideep said...

Sni,

I feel its enough. We have had enof. Its time we have to change and make India a safer place to live. For a long time, we have kept our faith in our leaders and we have been betrayed time & again. Its time we take things in our own hands. This attack should have been enough for our leaders to wake up. Yet, those shameful b******* are still more worried about their bloody chairs. They cannot unite even at this time.

We always hear that Mumbai is very resiliant. That after every blast mumbai becomes normal, forcefully. we always hear about the spirit of Mumbai. I say balls to these. We dont want the spirit. We want to show the world that if u attack us u wont get out alive. And its time someone does that.

You know I was in VT today. I saw the fear in the eyes of people. Someone heard a noise and started running. Every one started running. People thought firing had begun again. I was shit scared. I could feel that this time, people of mumbai are afraid. They dont want to return to normalcy.

We have to stand up this time and tell the world tht we will not let our city and country being targeted again & again.