Thursday, September 25, 2008

So What If I watch movies alone?

"Hey....U free this evening? No??ummm...aaan...oookkaayy...But I reallly wanted to go for it. (soft grunt) Never mind. Some other time. Lets surely catch it up by next week." Companionship, man's curse in disguise (puns intended) hits hard at every turn. And planning out a petty time-off gets so difficult with a couple of people more added into the plan. My simple funda: Never wait for anybody to accompany you to movies. Watch them whenever you want, preferably turns out to be alone.
Now thats quite surprising to a lot of my friends, difficult to assess why. I love watching movies and the general reactions of the audience, rather than gossiping with my next-seat neighbour through it. As for the Popcorn and Pepsi, no...sorry, not really fond of it, so don't need to strategise to control spending over it.
Movies can really be enjoyed alone, unless it turns out to be a totally nasty and unbearable saga. Now, that too, with somebody else, has both up-side and flip-side.
Up-side: You get to curse and beat up that fellow to no end if it was his/her suggestion.
Flip-side: He gets to do the action !! :))

My choice of movies vary, because I am a total movie-buff. If I have watched Dark Knight on first day, then I have also ordered and made the Cinemax people to screen a show of "Ram Gopal Verma Ki Aag" for me and my privileged set of friends(yes, you read it right! there r more nuts like me on this earth.) So now, rather than waiting for a person to accompany me and eventually start cursing the poor fellow, just because he/she could not, i get on the expedition myself. And you know what, quite a lot of interesting reasons to do so as well:
1. U always manage to get a top-row seat even if its House-full. (trust me on that...the seating architect at every multiplex has somehow provided odd number of seats, to always accomodate one singleton at last moment :D)
2. U have all your freedom to shout, hoot, whistle or scream when you feel like. There is nobody u care for to stop u then...(That seems like a nasty one, but then, its fun !!)
3. U can ogle at all the good-looking hunks/babes for how much time ever u want. Its their partner's (if any) worry, not yours. Just make sure u r ready to deal if they happen to confront u (thts ur call).

Ahmmm....I think I am exceeding too much on the positive sides. Well, the fact is, its not actually loner to go alone to movies (hey! that doesn't mean you chuck a date to go alone!), but its fun and kinda introspection-time to figure out what a bad taste of movies you have and why others run, when you ask them out! :D

4 comments:

Trideep said...

Nice idea to pass your time!! so how many movies have u seen alone? And would you do the same if u were livin in a different city?? ;)

BTW.. nice blog.. happy blogging!!

Snigdha said...

Well, for the last few months, all movies I watched was with myself, except a couple.. Should be around 8-10, i guess.

Trideep said...

Would it have been the same if u were living in a different city?

Snigdha said...

Yes....The same...Makes no difference.