Tuesday, September 09, 2008

What sleep brought me
Last night, when I was off to sleep, little did I imagine whats gona happen next.. The last moments of light ticking away for the night, I-pod plugged in my ears, Bryan singing 18 till I die!!, me fondly remembering the goof-ups my boyfriend did or does (more appropriate), sleep beckoning me, "Come Sni....come.....lose yourself in mee......"...ZZZZzzzzzzzzzzz...
Dinggggggggggg !!!! Its morning Snigdha! and the day starts worser than ever...The Milk waala forgot to give milk (mental note: it happens quite often, i gotta reprimand that fellow!), The bai didnt turn up..(just another mental note, sigh!), The dustbin waala forgets just our garbage (maybe he found it too stinky to add to his bin too, thanks to my oh-so-clean roommates!), and the best is yet to come, there is no power in house !!
I fortunately, (or rather unfortunately) remember at the very same moment of awakening that I have a low cell phone charge,my i-pod's charge is gone (the saddest) my clothes aren't pressed, the shower geysor isnt gonna work, and the water filter is dead. What a great beginning....
Somehow, I overcome all these hurdles (read as: no shower and crumpled clothes) to run out of the house..just to topple over the unpicked packet of garbage...Well, u gotta remember, the day started too perfect, U see. I slam the door hard to realise a bit late that I am still wearing my indoor slippers without my house key in hand..and ofcourse, I am the last one to step out.

Behold folks at office, here comes Snigdha, in the most stylish crumpled AnnaBelle and bathroom slippers. To my dismay, I found that I have a meeting with the clients arranged afternoon, which was, U guessed it right, a video conference. I come back to my desk in distress, and sit to jang-bang the keyboard as usual when hey....there is a mail from my ol buddy...Was so happy....Didnt even wait to see whats the subject, just opened it. And my luck plays again, this time in the form of two tennagers humping each other in the wildest manner possible, nd ofcourse, with the loudest screams.. Realisation dawned upon me after two seconds, when the whole floor turned around to look..And ofcourse, if I forgot to mention, I sit between two Managers (thats the seat my client gave me). They had their good share of glance, before I could close the window, and most sheepishly, apologising profusely for the insane mail. (I felt like strangulating the &%*&^*%% of a friend for doing that to me !!) Hold on, it isnt over yet...The admin guy pulls me aside to let me know that I introduced a very privileged Trojan into the network through some application running on my system, due to which, it has to be formatted and quarantined..the rest of the day was sans a system, easy to guess, huh?
It never seemed to end without disasters, and I returned after a heavy duty, tasking (mentally, physically and emotionally) time to home, rotten home. To just see that there is still no water and no power. Let me just bury myself in the bed, when my roommate comes screaming.. "There is a big Rat in the kitchen, and it seems to be sitting on the food box, cant make it out well in the daaaaaaaaaark....." her voice trailed away...Oh no, not again...Please please....Not again... Just pulled my sheet over and closed my eyes wearily.....
Dinnnggggggggggg !!!! Its really morning Snigdha......

No comments: